Welcome to Summer and the official start of the Crazy Christmas period!
I thought I’d take this opportunity to share some of my knowledge around how to host a successful Christmas party and minimise the risks to your business and employees.
Christmas Parties – things to think about:
- Health and safety
- Have a clear end time
- Do not endorse after parties and if there is to be one, it is in your best interest for it to be at a different venue to the party you are hosting
- Is your insurance cover adequate?
- Alcohol consumption – if it’s a private party it’s a good idea to have someone with an RSA run the bar or use a wristband type set up limiting the number of drinks each employee can consume.
- Always have non-alcoholic drinks available
- Consider transport arrangements and take care to make sure staff leave the venue safely
- If unfortunately there is an incident from your Christmas party, do you have a plan in place for how to handle it?
- Nominate a responsible person to help handle any unfortunate situations and make sure employees know who it is.
Inappropriate conduct by an employee at a festive function can give rise to multiple risks.
Do you have policies around:
- Adverse action
It is worth reminding employees of these policies in the lead up to the event.
Hopefully these tips will help you run a fun filled end of year celebration free from incident.
Now that’s out of the way, I hope you all enjoy the festive season and we look forward to working with you in 2017! Our office will be closed from the 22nd of December until the 10th of January however, we will have processes in place to ensure no disruption to payroll during this time.
Cloudbooks Business Solutions